Orthodontic treatment for children in Kingston
We all want the best for our children and that includes giving them a lovely smile with healthy straight teeth.
It can be frustrating if your children need orthodontic treatment but for whatever reason it is denied. Perhaps your child doesn’t meet the criteria in order to be referred an NHS orthodontist? Maybe there’s a huge waiting list to see an NHS orthodontist? Or perhaps you’re not keen on your child wearing the conventional metal fixed braceswhich the NHS offer?
There is another way. At Smile Kingston we welcome all children to our surgery regardless of whether their orthodontic case is severe or slight. We treat children from Hampton Wick, Surbiton, Norbiton and Kingston Upon Thames and throughout Surrey. We provide a free consultation with our skilled orthodontist to discuss your child’s case and the dental braces options available. Treatment can begin as soon as you are ready.
Our dental braces can treat:
- Overcrowding of teeth
- Gaps in the teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Problems with bite such as overbite, under bite, crossbite or open bite
Orthodontist in Kingston
Our specialist dentist exclusively deals in orthodontics. Highly qualified and experienced, Dr Sana is calm and caring and will put you at your ease. By choosing to straighten your child’s teeth at Smile Kingston you are buying peace of mind. Dr Sana will give you the best advice about the different treatments and help you to understand which dental braces will best suit your child.
Range of dental braces
We are proud to offer different dental braces to suit different needs and orthodontic cases. This is helpful if you want to explore the options available to straighten your child’s teeth other than the conventional metal braces.
We offer payment plans and interest free finance to help you spread the cost as well as allowing you to access the treatment when you want it.
Fast and friendly service
There’s no need to delay treatment because of a lengthy NHS waiting list for braces. We will see you and your child quickly for an initial consultation and we can start treatment as soon as you are ready.
Book your free consultation for Childrens Braces
Invisalign for children at Smile Kingston, Hampton Wick
At Smile Kingston we offer a variety of braces for children. Each has advantages so it’s worth booking a free consultation to talk these through with our experienced orthodontist.
Invisalign braces are clear braces which are removeable. There are no wires, instead they are made of a thin flexible plastic that sits over the top of your teeth. The treatment is made up of a series of clear aligners which the patient changes on a weekly basis to allow for the small movements in teeth. We are proud to offer variations of Invisalign braces for both children and teenagers:
Invisalign First is suitable for children between the ages of 6 and 10 and is made to specifically accommodate baby and adult teeth. These clear braces are made to straighten teeth whilst your child’s jaw and teeth are still growing. Just like the adult Invisalign braces, these braces are practically invisible, and are removeable.
Invisalign Teen are specifically made to allow room for the growing canine and molar teeth as well as the growing jaws of teenagers. They have a blue indicator on the aligners which fades as time goes on, to act as a reminder to change to the next aligners. Additionally, up to 6 replacement aligners are included, which is helpful if the aligner gets lost or broken.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign First and Invisalign Teen have these benefits:
- Clear and practically invisible braces so no one can tell that you’re having your teeth straightened
- Invisalign are removeable braces which means you take them out to eat, drink as well as for playing an instrument etc.
- Invisalign makes oral hygiene easier to maintain because the braces are removed for brushing
- Invisalign braces are comfortable and treatment is noticeably quick. Most patients complete treatment within 12 months
- Invisalign First and Invisalign Teen are both built for specific age ranges which considers the growing teeth and jaws of children and teens
Fixed braces for children
Fixed braces are made up of clear brackets which are permanently attached to your child’s tooth and connected by tooth-coloured wire. They cannot be removed until the treatment has finished. Despite the recent advancements with clear and removeable braces, many parents still prefer to opt for fixed braces for their child because:
- Fixed braces give a very precise way of straightening teeth. The brackets are positioned in such a detailed way that guarantees brilliant results
- Fixed braces can be used to treat all orthodontic cases from mild through to the most severe
- Fixed braces are no longer made just of metal and are much more discreet than ever before
- Unlike the modern braces, with fixed braces there is no temptation to keep removing the braces. Losing braces or not wearing the braces for long enough is not a problem with fixed braces
Book a free consultation to discuss which braces are best suited for your child’s teeth.